back in December that Xena: Warrior Princess - Season 3
was coming to DVD on February 10th. We've even had the cover art for quite some time, at our release listing
for the box set. But details about contents for that release have been very thin, despite the fact that we were closing in fast on the street date!
Now, thanks to reports that The Futon Critic
had managed to get ahold of the details and post them, we got ahold of a copy of these ourselves, and can finally pass them on to you:
- Original Full-Frame Presentation
- Interviews with the Actors, Producers, Editors, Writers, and Set Designers including: Donald Duncan, Robert Gillies, Lucy Lawless, Hudson Leick, Renee O'Connor, Ted Raimi, Oley Sassone, Steven L. Sears, R.J. Stewart, Alexandra Tydings and many more!
- Special 30 minute Retrospective Featurette on "Sacrifice" Part 1 & 2
- Photo Gallery
- A vast library of never before seen footage including deleted scenes, alternate and recently discovered scenes
- Alexandra Tydings and many more! Video & Audio Commentaries from: Elizabeth Friedman, Lucy Lawless, Hudson Leick, Renee O'Connor, Ted Raimi, Steven L. Sears, R.J. Stewart, and Robert Tapert
- Blooper Reel
- CD-ROM with Actor, Director & Writer Bios, Series Trivia, Xena Chronicles, Original Production Designs & Sketches, and Director's Notes & Storyboards
Beyond that, The Futon Critic has details about the exact contents of every disc in the digipak:
Anchor Bay Home Entertainment has provided us with a disc-by-disc breakdown of the nine-disc third season DVD release of the series, which is set to hit stores on February 10. Disc one includes the episodes "The Furies" (with audio/video commentary by R.J. Stewart, Robert Tapert and Liz Friedman), "Been There, Done That" and "The Dirty Half Dozen"; disk two features "The Deliverer," "Gabrielle's Hope" and "The Debt, Part 1" (with audio/video commentary by Lucy Lawless and Robert Tapert); disk three includes "The Debt, Part 2," "The King of Assassins" (with audio/video commentary by Ted Raimi); disk four has "The Quill Is Mightier," "Maternal Instincts" and "The Bitter Suite" (with audio/video commentary by Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor); disk five has "One Against Army" (with audio/video commentary by Lucy Lawless and Renee O'Connor), "Forgiven" and "King Con"; disk six includes "When In Rome" (with audio/video commentary by Steve Sears), "Forget Me Not" and "Fins, Femmes & Gems"; disk seven features "Tsunami," "Vanishing Act" and "Sacrifice, Part 1" (with audio/video commentary by Hudson Leick); disk eight includes the season finale "Sacrifice, Part 2" (with audio/video commentary by Hudson Leick) as well as bonus video material; and the ninth disc, a CD-ROM, includes screensavers, chronicles, trivia, bios, mythology and a timeline.
We are still expecting a Feb. 10th launch of this set, at a suggested list price of $69.98 for 1040 minutes of leather-clad adventure. Our thanks to Pavan Badal for the tip, and to Brian Ford Sullivan of The Futon Critic.