Image Entertainment is taking two popular series from The Travel Channel, and bringing together 3 favorte episodes from each one into a new DVD release called Paranormal Destinations
. The disc, due to hit stores on September 2nd
, will contain 6 episodes total: half from Weird Travels
and half from Mysterious Journeys
. Each is presented in anamorphic widscreen video, with English - Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo audio. Cost is $19.98 SRP for 252 minutes.
- Weird Travels
- "Lake Monsters": From Scotland's Loch Ness to Vermont's Lake Champlain, hundreds of eyewitnesses all over the world have reported sightings of lake-dwelling "monsters." Through new technology, we attempt to unlock the truth behind these huge sea creatures.
- "Bigfoot": Tales of mythical apelike beasts have existed for centuries. He's most commonly known as Bigfoot, and we're hot on his trail. Using state-of-the-art techniques, we'll reveal the secrets and the science behind this very hairy, very scary creature.
- "Alien Encounters": Do aliens exist? Millions of people around the globe insist they've seen UFOs. We're on a mission to expose the truth about aliens - from the Roswell crash in New Mexico to Nevada's notorious Area 51 to the mysterious "Phoenix Lights."
- Mysterious Journeys
- "The Hunt for Dracula": We take a chilling journey to Romania, a world virtually untouched by modernity, with dark forests and crumbling castles. We attempt to separate the truth from the mythic as we visit the legendary home of the most infamous vampire of all - Dracula.
- "The Ghosts of Gettysburg": More than 50,000 soldiers perished in the bloodiest battle of the American Civil War. Today Gettysburg is said to be one of the most haunted cities in America. We'll investigate what's behind the terrifying sounds and spectral sightings.
- "Witches of Salem": We'll examine the sordid history of one of America's oldest cities, home to the notorious Salem witch trials, and explore the spine-tingling supernatural legacy that still echoes through this seaside village.