has a first look at the fourth season of Star Trek: The Next Generation
on Blu-ray, coming this summer from CBS Home Video. The 6-disc set includes all 26 episodes, lovingly restored in high definition for the first time.
New bonus material includes:
- Audio commentaries by Rob Bowman, Brannon Braga, Mike and Denise Okuda and Ronald D. Moore
- A gag reel
- Episodic promos
- Relavitity: The Family Saga of Star Trek: The Next Generation
- In Conversation: The Art Department
Of course the bonus material from the DVD set is also included:
- Mission Overview: Year Four (reveals the challenges in resolving the cliffhanger episode "The Best of Both Worlds"; provides a whimsical look at the Robin Hood-themed "Q-Pid"; and celebrates the historic 100th episode with Gene Roddenberry)
- Selected Crew Analysis: Year Four (an in-depth look at the departure of Wesley Crusher; cast members discuss their experiences performing stunts; and a profile of Jennifer Hetrick as "Vash")
- Departmental Briefing, Year Four: Production (a behind-the-scenes look at directors Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, and David Livingston; includes a special makeup section featuring Brent Spiner)
- New Life and New Civilizations (an inside look at creating alien landscapes and shooting on location; also explains the challenges of shooting the effects-packed episode "The Best of Both Worlds")
- Chronicles from the Final Frontier (a discussion of Season Four's most extraordinary episodes and characters with preeminent writers Ronald D. Moore, Brannon Braga, and Jeri Taylor)
Head over to StarTrek.com
to read a little bit more about the new featurettes, and watch the trailer for the upcoming set.