Set in the 24th century, the exploits of the U.S.S. Enterprise continue as it explores the universe, seeking new life and new worlds. THE SECOND SEASON featuring all 22 second season episodes, brilliantly retransferred from original film elements into Hi-Def. Amazing visual effects, painstakingly re-created from original film elements. Includes the extremely rare extended version of fan favorite episode, "The Measure of a Man." Featuring Whoopi Goldberg, who joins the cast for the second season! A wealth of exclusive special features, including over 120 minutes of brand-new documentaries featuring all new cast and crew interviews, 7.1 DTS HD-master audio and original Stereo Surround audio!
CBS DVD and Paramount Home Entertainment have today announced that Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 2
is coming to high-def Blu-ray Disc format on December 4th
. This 5-disc set stars Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, LeVar Burton, Brent Spiner, Michael Dorn, Marina Sirtis, Wil Wheaton, and introduces to the cast both Whoopi Goldberg as "Guinan" and Diana Muldaur as "Dr. Pulaski." Also, "Chief O'Brien" (Colm Meaney) becomes a regularly recurring character during this season. This is also the season where The Borg are first introduced to the Trek
Guest stars include Billy Campbell, Joe Piscopo, Teri Hatcher, William Morgan Sheppard, Suzie Plakson, Chris Latta, Brian Thompson, Mädchen Amick, Carolyn Seymour, Noble Willingham, John Tesh, Nikki Cox, John de Lancie, Robert Costanzo, Majel Barrett, Carel Struycken, Mick Fleetwood, Lance LeGault, Anne Ramsay, and Armin Shimerman. This season, shortened due to a strike in Hollywood, only came to 22 episodes (the final one consisting mostly of clips from earlier episodes). Still, it contained a number of fan-favorite episodes such as "Elementary, Dear Data," "The Measure of a Man" and "The Emissary." As there was with the first season set, the studio plans to hold a theatrical screening event in December promoting the Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 2
Blu-ray Disc release (details are forthcoming).
Cost is $129.99 SRP. *Update*
Here's a list of the current bonus material sent over by CBS (with a finalized list to come later), followed by the packaging and a pre-order link:
- All 22 second season episodes, brilliantly retransferred from original film elements into Hi-Def
- Also includes an extremely rare, extended version of "The Measure of a Man," widely regarded as one of the best Star Trek: The Next Generation episodes.
- Long lost first cut of episode reconstructed in high definition with extended scenes including new visual effects and audio mixes.
- "Hybrid extended cut" using the high-definition version of the original television episode, plus rough VHS video of deleted scenes and different camera angles from that episode's "lost" first cut.
- Amazing visual effects, painstakingly re-created from original film elements.
- A wealth of exclusive special features