FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEEMBARK ON THE MAIDEN VOYAGE OF
THE ENTERPRISE NX-01
IN SPARKLING HIGH DEFINITION
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE
THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON BLU-RAY
Six-Disc Set Boasts New Special Features Including
Multi-Part Documentary With New Cast And Crew Interviews
And An Intimate Conversation With The Creators
Available March 26, 2013
HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (January 7, 2013) - Experience the historic voyage of the starship Enterprise
NX-01 like never before when STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE - THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
makes its Blu-ray debut on March 26 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution.
The STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE - THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
Blu-ray boasts brand new bonus features including a multi-part, retrospective documentary called "To Boldly Go: Launching Enterprise
," that gives fans an inside look at the development and production of the series and is exclusive to this collection. The documentary features interviews with the show's cast and crew, some of which were shot as recently as December 2012, as well as archival footage and behind-the-scenes clips. The documentary includes:
Part One: Countdown - Chronicles the challenges faced by the producers and creative staff as they attempt to launch a new chapter in the Star Trek
saga by making the then-radical decision to create a prequel to the beloved original series. Features all new interviews with key personnel including creators Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, production designer Herman Zimmerman, technical consultants Michael and Denise Okuda, writers Andre Bormanis, Phyllis Strong and more.
Part Two: Boarding the NX-01 - Follows the team as they begin the casting process and production on the series 2-hour pilot "Broken Bow." Features all - NEW! interviews with key cast and crew including series pilot director James L. Conway and series leads Scott Bakula ("Jonathan Archer"), Connor Trinneer ("Trip Tucker"), and Dominic Keating ("Malcolm Reed").
Part Three: First Flight - Charts the course for the rest of the series' first season including all - NEW! interviews with key production and post-production personnel.
The six-disc set also includes a candid conversation with the series' creators, Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, offering a glimpse into their creative process. In addition, the Blu-ray features brand new commentaries on select episodes from the season, along with a host of previously released special features such as deleted scenes and outtakes.
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE
recounts the adventures of the pioneers of space travel who ventured into the universe 100 years before James T. Kirk helmed the starship of the same name. Set in the 22nd century, ENTERPRISE
takes place in an era when interstellar travel is still in its infancy. Captain Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula) has assembled a crew of brave explorers to chart the galaxy on a revolutionary spacecraft: Enterprise
NX- 01. As the first human beings to venture into deep space, these men and women will experience the wonder and mystery of the final frontier as they seek out new life and new civilizations.
The STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE - THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
Blu-ray includes all 25 episodes from the inaugural season, and will be available in 1080p with English 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio, German and Italian 5.1 (Dolby Digital), and French, Castilian and Japanese Stereo Surround (Dolby Digital). The discs also include English SDH, French, German, Castilian, Italian, Japanese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish subtitles. The Blu-ray is not rated in the U.S. and rated PG in Canada, and it will be available for the suggested retail price of $130.00 U.S. and $150.00 Canada. The disc breakdown is as follows:
- Broken Bow
- Fight or Flight
- Strange New World
- Audio Commentary with co-creator/executive producer Brannon Braga, director James L. Conway, visual effects producer Dan Curry and cast members Connor Trinneer (Trip Tucker) and Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed) on "Broken Bow" - NEW!
- Audio Commentary with Brannon Braga and Rick Berman on "Broken Bow"
- Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda on "Broken Bow"
- Deleted Scenes from "Broken Bow" (SD)
- Deleted Scenes from "Fight or Flight" (SD)
- In Conversation: Rick Berman and Brannon Braga - NEW! (HD)
- Archival Mission Log: Creating Enterprise (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: O Captain! My Captain! A Profile of Scott Bakula (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: NX-01 File 02 (SD)
- Cast Introduction - NEW! (SD)
- Network Presentation - NEW! (SD)
- Syndication Presentation - NEW! (SD)
- Terra Nova
- The Andorian Incident
- Breaking the Ice
- Deleted Scene from "Unexpected" (SD)
- Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda on "The Andorian Incident"
- Archival Mission Log: Cast Impressions: Season 1 (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: Enterprise Secrets (SD)
- Fortunate Son
- Cold Front
- Silent Enemy
- Dear Doctor
- Sleeping Dogs
- Audio commentary with writer/story editor André Bormanis and visual effects producer Dan Curry on "Silent Enemy" - NEW!
- Deleted Scene from "Sleeping Dogs" (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: Star Trek Time Travel: Temporal Cold Wars and Beyond (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: Admiral Forrest Takes Center Stage (SD)
- Shadows of P'Jem
- Shuttlepod One
- Rogue Planet
- Audio Commentary with writers/executive story editors Mike Sussman and Phyllis Strong on "Shadows of P'Jem" - NEW!
- Audio Commentary with co-creator/executive producer Brannon Braga, director David Livingston and cast members Connor Trinneer (Trip Tucker) and Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed) on "Shuttlepod One" - NEW!
- Deleted Scene from "Shuttlepod One" (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: Inside Shuttlepod One (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: NX-01 File 01 (SD)
- Archival Mission Log: NX-01 File 03 (SD)
- Vox Sola
- Fallen Hero
- Desert Crossing
- Deleted Scenes from "Oasis" (SD)
- Deleted Scenes from "Fallen Hero" (SD)
- Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda on "Vox Sola"
- Archival Mission Log: Enterprise Outtakes (SD)
- On The Set - NEW! (SD)
- Two Days and Two Nights
- Shockwave, Part 1
- Deleted Scene from "Two Days and Two Nights" (SD)
- Deleted Scenes from "Shockwave, Part 1" (SD)
- Documentary: "To Boldly Go: Launching Enterprise" - NEW! (HD)
- Part 1: Countdown
- Part 2: Boarding the NX-01
- Part 3: First Flight
- Archival Mission Log: Celebrating Star Trek (SD)
CBS Home Entertainment manages the worldwide DVD and Blu-ray businesses for the CBS Corporation across all lines of content including current hits and classic series from the vast CBS library, as well as new releases from Showtime Video. CBS Home Entertainment products are released on the CBS DVD and CBS Blu-ray labels.
Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHMD division oversees PPC's home entertainment, digital and television distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment. PHMD additionally manages global licensing of studio content and distribution across worldwide digital and television distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.
STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE - THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
Street Date: March 26, 2013
Suggest retail price: $130.00 US / $150.00 CAN
Runtime: 19 hours, 9 minutes
EDITOR'S NOTE: the finalized package art at the top does not reflect any of the choices displayed in the fan survey this past fall; following the feedback from participants in that survey the powers-that-be decided to go another way. More about that decision can be found at StarTrek.com; our thanks to reader Curtis Mustain for pointing it out.