HERE COMES THE JUDGE -- ON THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON OF LAUGH-IN!
The 60s gave us in-crowds, be-ins and love-ins, and starting in 1968, the happening place for free-form comedy was ROWAN & MARTIN S LAUGH-IN, broadcast from beautiful downtown Burbank. Straight man Dan Rowan and wisecracking co-host Dick Martin led a gaggle of goofballs through a rapid-fire assault of one-liners, skits, bits and non sequiturs that left viewers in hysterics and disbelief. Anything and anyone in the public eye was a target. Political correctness? Forget it! The groundbreaking, Emmy Award winning show anchored the Monday 8 p.m. time slot on NBC until March 12, 1973.
Wait a minute! That s Richard Nixon asking the rhetorical question, Sock it to me? No boxing glove response this time, yet his appearance in Season 2 likely helped him win the presidency in November 1968. Pigmeat Markham, reclaiming his Here Comes the Judge routine, dispenses justice with a large rubber gavel to the noggin for emphasis. Marshall McLuhan, what are you doin'?
A trendsetter in TV comedy, this wacky series provided a conteporary, unstructured and fast-paced show that was exactly what an agitated America wanted in the '60s and '70s.
THE COMPLETE SECOND SEASON FEATURES:
- 7 DVDs, complete with all 26 Episodes, plus bonus material!
- Starring: Dan Rowan, Dick Martin, Chelsea Brown, Ruth Buzzi, Judy Carne, Henry Gibson, Goldie Hawn, Arte Johnson, Dave Madden, Pigmeat Markham, Gary Owens, Alan Sues and Jo Anne Worley.
- Classic long-running features Sock It to Me, Here Comes the Judge, Cocktail Party and The Fickle Finger of Fate!
- Tiny Tim sings and explores beautiful downtown Burbank.
- Gladys and Tyrone on the park bench, plus an ode to Walnettos.
- Rosmenko (Arte Johnson) duets in Russian with brother Bobby Darin.
- Lighthearted salutes to higher education, machines, pollution, dancing class, police, the telephone company, the post office, and Raquel Welch.
- Guest stars: Jack Benny, Victor Borge, Mel Brooks, Johnny Carson, Tony Curtis, Sammy Davis Jr., Phyllis Diller, Kirk Douglas, Peter Falk, Zsa Zsa Gabor, Hugh Hefner, Rock Hudson, Davy Jones, Peter Lawford, Jack Lemmon, Liberace, Rich Little, Marcel Marceau, Bob Newhart, Richard Nixon, Vincent Price, Don Rickles, Rod Serling, Nancy Sinatra, The Smothers Brothers, John Wayne, Flip Wilson, Henny Youngman and many more!
- Bonus Features: Special interviews with Dick Martin, Gary Owens and Ruth Buzzi.
- CC: All discs contain the closed captioning option.
An Amazon.com pre-order listing (see button link below) shows that on January 9th
Time Life will release an individual 7-disc DVD set for Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In - The Complete 2nd Season
. It's priced at $29.95 SRP, and as you can see from the long studio-provided description quoted above, it's loaded! Here's the package art: