Fifteen years of pandemonium at Possum Lodge, plus five bonus programs! It started as a shoestring-budget public television program about a merry bunch of misfits in the Canadian wilderness...and it pretty much stayed that way. For 300 episodes, Red, his nephew Harold, and the Possum Lodge gang celebrated doing what men do when women aren't around-and some things that are even worse. With over 100 hours of hijinks, behind-the-scenes specials, and inventive uses for duct tape, this collection offers the perfect excuse to grab a seat, crack open a cold one, and put off your next home-improvement project.
After having separately released "The Infantile Years," "The Toddlin' Years," "The Delinquent Years"
and "The Geezer Years,"
Acorn Media has announced that they are bringing it all together into one big gift set this October 16th
as "The Red Green Show - The Complete High Quantity Collection
"! This 50-DVD package, priced at $299.99 SRP, brings you approximately 124 hours of featured episodes, plus extensive bonuses, too!
- Red Green's We Can't Help It-We're Men: Red tackles the battle of the sexes and offers advice for the forgetful husbands of the world. Approx. 65 min., plus 100 min. of bonus material
- It's a Wonderful Red Green Christmas: The boys at Possum Lodge celebrate the holidays in style. Approx. 60 min., plus 45 min. of bonus material
- Red Green D.V.D., Duct Tape Virtuoso Deluxe: Red demonstrates his appreciation for the handyman's secret weapon. Approx. 64 min.
- Hindsight Is 20/20: The gang looks back at the regret-filled history of The Red Green Show. Approx. 60 min., plus 66 min. of bonus material
- The Red Green Story: We're All in This Together: The hilarious reunion special features rare clips, audition anecdotes, and production memories. Approx. 90 min.
- EXTRA JUNK:
- Red Green's of Cars and Men (71 min.)
- A Merry Red Green Christmas (45 min.)
- Behind-the scenes comments by star and creator Steve Smith
- A tour of a duct tape factory guided by Red
- Production photos
- Fan-made duct tape creations
- Extended footage
- Introductions by Steve Smith
- Red and Harold character profiles
- Biographies of stars Steve Smith and Patrick McKenna
- And more!
Excepting for "The Red Green Story: We're All in This Together
," which is in anamorphic widescreen, this is all presented in 4x3 full screen video. Audio is Enlgish stereo, and the made episodes are closed captioned (as are the specials "We're All in This Together
" and "Hindsight Is 20/20
"). Here's a look at the incredible packaging for this big set, and a pre-order link to reserve your copy from Amazon.com: