For Immediate Release
ENTER THE WORLD OF MAINFRAME AND JOIN THE ACTION
WITH FAN FAVORITE CGI ANIMATED SERIES
Shout! Factory and Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc. Announce
Search for the
Ultimate Fan Art
SPECIAL CONTEST OFFERS FANS AND ARTISTS A CHANCE TO SHOWCASE IN
SHOUT! FACTORY'S UPCOMING REBOOT HOME ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT LINE
Fans of the cult hit CGI animated series ReBoot
unite! Shout! Factory and Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc. today announce the launch of the ultimate ReBoot
fan art contest; a nationwide search for the most unique rendition of their favorite characters from the popular CGI animated series ReBoot
. Brendan McCarthy, a highly celebrated artist and the original production designer of ReBoot Seasons 1
, will select 5 entries deemed as the most distinctive to be showcased in the highly anticipated ReBoot
home entertainment product line in 2011 from Shout! Factory. Winner(s) will also receive a complimentary copy of the complete series set.
Passionate fans can enter the contest via ReBoot.com, where they will be able to upload their creative elements for contest submission. Deadline for entries is December 3, 2010. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2010.
In-depth contest details:
Your Chance to Win the Fan Art Contest!
Fans of ReBoot are some of the most creative people out there, now is your chance to show it! We're inviting all ReBoot fans to submit their artistic renditions of ReBoot - the characters, the sets, the action! Final winners will be chosen by the original ReBoot production designer himself, Brendan McCarthy! The art work will be printed in the first edition booklet accompanying the complete DVD box set due out early 2011. The winning submissions will also be featured on ReBoot.com and the artists will receive a free copy of the complete box set. The contest will be open for submissions starting October 20, 2010 and run through December 3, 2010.
ReBoot: The Complete Collection Fan Art Contest Rules
Here's how it works -
- Open to contestants 18 years and older who reside in the U.S or Canada.
- Submissions will be accepted only through ReBoot.com. You must be a registered user to submit your entry.
- Contest runs from 10/20/10 - 12/3/10. Two entries per person only.
- Submission can be created in a design program of your choice but must be converted to a .pdf, .jpeg or .tif file of a size no greater than 5 MB for submission.
- Entrants will be required to complete an online entry release form that will include name, email, phone, address, age, gender. Ownership of images will be granted to Rainmaker Entertainment in perpetuity.
- Shout Factory's creative staff will review entries and recommend a final 20 entries that will move on to the final phase to be judged by the very-qualified, uber-creative Brendan McCarthy.
- Winners will be notified by 12/13/10. Decision on winning entries is final. Winners will be contacted by Shout! Factory to arrange final delivery of art files that will best represent their work in the book. Winners must submit all final files immediately after being notified and they should arrive to Shout! Factory by 12/17/10.
- Entrants must represent that the submissions are entirely theirs and that everyone involved in the creation is named on the entry.
- Contestants acknowledge that by submitting official entry they release Shout! Factory, Rainmaker, Brendan McCarthy and Zeros to Heroes from responsibility for any damages, expenses, or harm they might incur while submitting their work.
Hailed by critics and fans alike, ReBoot
made history for being the first fully computer-generated animated TV series. Its unique setting inside a computer allows ReBoot
to mine the references to computers and video games for all they're worth, giving the show its humorous edge. The innovative animation, insider humor and high octane action combine to give fans a lot of binary bang for their buck.
Dot Matrix and her brother Enzo, plus thousands of friendly binomes, live in Mainframe, which is plagued by viruses Megabyte and sister strain Hexadecimal. Guardian Bob is sent from the Net to protect them, and soon makes it his home. Together, they must prevent Megabyte from taking control of all the systems. As an added complication, games being played by the mystical User invade the system regularly, and must be defeated, or else portions of the city are laid waste...this gives us a chance to see every genre of video-game ever conceived, from the point of view of the characters! When Megabyte finally manages to banish Bob, Enzo takes over as the city's Guardian, but things will never be quite the same.
Recently, Shout! Factory and Rainmaker Entertainment, Inc has announced a new alliance to bring the entire action-packed ReBoot
to the home entertainment marketplace. Shout! Factory plans an aggressive rollout of the ReBoot
home entertainment product-line in 2011.
Rainmaker Entertainment Inc., a multifaceted animation studio, is one of Canada's largest producers of CG animation. With an innovative history that spans over 15 years, Rainmaker today continues to tell engaging stories and create compelling characters for all media. The studio's 200 creatively-inspired artists and storytellers are currently in development on the company's first slate of proprietary projects. Originally established as Mainframe Entertainment, the company broke ground by producing the first ever CGI animation series ReBoot
. In addition to developing its own properties, Rainmaker also produces feature length DVD's for many top international brands including Barbie, Max Steele, Tony Hawk, and more. Rainmaker's clients include Mattel, The Weinstein Company, Lionsgate, Sony, Ubisoft, Electronic Arts and MTV. For more information, go to www.rainmaker.com.
About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory is a diversified entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their careers sharing their music, television and film faves with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory's DVD offerings serve up classic, contemporary and cult TV series, riveting sports programs, live music, animation and documentaries in lavish packages crammed with extras. The company's audio catalogue boasts GRAMMY®-nominated box sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable "best of" compilations. These riches are the result of a creative acquisitions mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.