Season 3 of the groundbreaking new series from AMC, that critics are calling one of "TV's best-ever dramas," on DVD and Blu-ray. Set in 1960's New York City, MAD MEN explores the glamorous and ego-driven "Golden Age" of advertising, where everyone is selling something, and nothing is ever what it seems.
Returning for its third season, the two-time Golden Globe®-winning series for Best TV drama burst with one scandalous surprise after another. Jon Hamm and the rest of the award-winning ensemble continue to captivate us as they contend with a world on the brink. Welcome to Mad Men - a shocking portrait of a time that was anything but innocent. Nothing is as sexy. Nothing is as provocative. Nothing is as it seems. Mad Men: Where the Truth Lies.
Back in early September, soon after the season started, Amazon began taking pre-orders for Mad Men - Season 3
and high-def Blu-ray Disc
, but no release date was provided yet. Now Lionsgate has alerted retailers to expect both versions to hit stores on March 23rd
The standard DVD version comes on 4 discs for $49.98 SRP. It's presented in anamorphic widescreen, with English 5.1 Dolby Digital and English 2.0 Dolby Digital language options. English and Spanish subtitles are also included, and it's closed captioned as well.
The high-def Blu-ray version comes on 3 discs for $49.99 SRP. The video will be in 1080p resolution widescreen, and the sound is expected to be in English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio (as the previous two BD releases were). English and Spanish subtitles are included, too.
Package art isn't available yet, but stay tuned for that. The 13 episodes on this set, running 611 minutes, will be supplemented with "extensive commentaries and interviews, and innovative featurettes." Here's the list of Bonus Material provided to retailers for both the DVD and Blu-ray versions:
- "Mad Men Commentaries" - Feature-length audio commentaries with cast and crew
- "Medgar Evers: The Patriarch. The Activist. The Hero." - This documentary explores the intimate details of the life of a Civil Rights Pioneer who believed in a better way of life for all through equality and the end of segregation.
- "Up In Smoke" - A visual depiction of the juxtaposition between the world of advertising and big tobacco, during the 40s, 50s, early 60s and today.
- "We Shall Overcome: The March on Washington" - Dr. King's speech accompanied by images detailing the historical moment when over 250,000 people came together for the March on Washington.
- "Mad Men Illustrated" - Dyna Moe invites you to scroll through the slightly "animated" photo gallery of the Mad Men Illustrations accompanied with commentary from the illustrator extraordinaire.
- "Flashback 1963" - An interactive look at the events and themes that defined the year.