FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASESHOUT! FACTORY TO RELEASE
THE COMPLETE SERIES
4-DVD SET FEATURES 26 ORIGINAL EPISODES
IN STORES MAY 7, 2013
Los Angeles, CA; February 15, 2013 - Shout! Factory has announced the May 7 release of K9: The Complete Series
. The 4-DVD set contains all 26 original episodes along with bonus features. Originally created for the 1977 DOCTOR WHO
episode 'The Invisible Enemy' by Bob Baker and Dave Martin, K9 has long been an iconic television character. But now K9 stars in his own brand-new adventure series! The set is available for pre-order on Amazon.com.
Blasting back into action via a space time manipulator, everyone's favorite robot dog arrives in late 21st-century London, now scarred by alien intrusion and government rule through their cybernetic police force. With the assistance of teenagers Jorjie, Darius, drifter Starkey and Professor Gryffen, K9 becomes Earth's front-line defence against dangers threatening from any place - and anytime - in the galaxy! They will have a lot of fun, action, adventure, and some jolts along the way, saving the earth from alien creatures, scary monsters and more than a few nasty humans!
Mixing live action characters with stunning visual-effects, K9
is a children's sci-fi/adventure series combining comedy, action and suspense. Imagine a mash-up of X-Files
and Men in Black
, with a zany dash of Ghostbusters
and then add one magnificent metallic mutt, and there you have K9
- DISC 1
- REGENERATION - The first adventure teaming Starkey, Jorjie and Professor Gryffen with the new and regenerated robotic dog: K9.
- LIBERATION - K9 and the kids break into The Department's prison to set free every type of alien imaginable!
- THE KORVEN - In saving Professor Gryffen from the most dangerous alien in the galaxy, K9 and Starkey find a home.
- THE BOUNTY HUNTER - When K9's past comes looking for him, an alien Bounty Hunter could be the one thing he doesn't want to remember.
- SIRENS OF CERES - K9 and the gang ruin The Department's experiments with alien technology and mind control in a London school.
- FEAR ITSELF - Paranoia erupts throughout London and for K9 and the gang, the boogie-man in the closet seems very, very real.
- FALL OF THE HOUSE OF GRYFFEN - The ghosts of Gryffen's past come back to haunt him and K9 must put two and two together before our gang is lost forever!
- DISC 2
- JAWS OF ORTHRUS - Can the kids figure out if K9 is really vandalizing London before it's too late?
- DREAM-EATERS - K9 must figure out how to destroy an ancient alien weapon before everyone's dreams turn into a waking nightmare.
- THE CURSE OF ANUBIS - Anubians arrive on Earth and start worshiping K9, but what is their real agenda?
- OROBORUS - Time is being stolen from everyone and Starkey is the only one who can stop it, but can he do it in time?
- ALIEN AVATAR - When a mysterious poison starts polluting the Thames, K9 and the kids must figure out the source, before it destroys everything in its path.
- AEOLIAN - Music is powerful, but could it be strong enough to vibrate the Earth to dust?
- DISC 3
- THE LAST OAK TREE - The last oak tree in England has been stolen and our gang must go in search of the thief. However, what they find isn't what they expect.
- BLACK HUNGER - The Department lets one of the biggest alien threats yet loose in London, and it's hungry!
- THE CAMBRIDGE SPY - The K9 unit must go back in time to solve a hundred-year-old crime!
- LOST LIBRARY OF UKKO - When The Department steals a whole planet, Starkey finds himself trapped on it with Thorn, and their only chance of survival is an alien Librarian.
- MUTANT COPPER - When K9 and the kids go against The Department's laws, they get more than they bargained for.
- THE CUSTODIANS - K9 and Starkey must figure out who is controlling the children of London and turning them all into aliens!
- TAPHONY AND THE TIME LOOP - When Gryffen breaks an alien out of VR prison, he may have put everyone in danger.
- DISC 4
- ROBOT GLADIATORS - K9 and the crew take on and shut down an illegal, underground robot fight club!
- MIND SNAP - Just as K9 thinks he can recover his long-term memory, an accident makes him forget everything that has ever happened!
- ANGEL OF THE NORTH - Gryffen goes in search of the Fallen Angel and finds out there's more to the alien ship then even a genius like him knew.
- THE LAST PRECINCT - When the Last Precinct takes over the mansion to take a last stand against The Department, not even K9 is ready for everything that happens.
- HOUND OF THE KORVEN - The Department finally gets hold of K9's regeneration chip as K9 decides regenerating his life is not as important as remembering it.
- THE ECLIPSE OF THE KORVEN - K9 must fight against The Department's true intentions, as The Korven begin their invasion of Earth.
- Interview with K9
- The Making Of K9 Documentary
Shout! Factory, LLC is a diversified multi-platform entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering, preserving and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their entire careers sharing their music, television and film favorites with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory's DVD and Blu-Ray offerings serve up feature films, classic and contemporary TV series, animation, live music and comedy specials in lavish packages crammed with extras. Shout's audio division boasts GRAMMY-nominated box sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable "best of" compilations. In addition, Shout! Factory maintains a vast digital distribution network which delivers video and audio content to all the leading digital service providers in North America. Shout! Factory also owns and operates Timeless Media Group, Biograph Records, Majordomo Records, HighTone Records and Video Time Machine. These riches are the result of a creative acquisition mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com