The original He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
comes back to DVD once more this Summer with Season 2, Volume 1
from BCI Eclipse. He-Man, along with Man-At-Arms and Teela (his closest friends in the fight against Skeletor) adorn the box art of the next box set which contains the first 33 episodes from the cartoon's second season!
This 6-DVD set will feature both English and Spanish audio tracks for every episode, and once again will feature a long list of extras from the fine folks at BCI, created with the help of Andy Mangels and the MVCreations team from He-Man.org (THE website to visit for dedicated He-Man
info). Here is a look at the bonus material you'll find this time around:
- 2 brand new documentary features bringing viewers a comprehensive look inside the creation of this landmark children's animation program including interviews with the producers, writers, director, experts and more!
- 2 collectible 4"x6" exclusive He-Man and the Masters of the Universe art cards by acclaimed comic artists Frank Cho and Emiliano Santalucia
- Full length animated storyboard with interactive episode comparison for episode #93 "Trouble's Middle Name"
- 3 Full-Episode Commentary Tracks by Lou Scheimer, Erika Scheimer, Larry DiTillio, Tom Sito, Tom Tataranowicz and Dave Teague
- 50 detailed profiles of various characters, creatures and artifacts
- Fun trivia facts
- DVD-ROM feature - 5 complete episode scripts (PC/Mac Compatible)
- Slipcase features a "spine art mural." Buy all 4 volumes to complete the image!
All of this information will be found in a full-page ad from BCI which will be seen in upcoming issues of various DC Comics titles. Our thanks to both Chad Carter (who took the time to scan the ad for us) and Jimmy Hayes for letting us know about the ad in their comic book copies. There's just one thing about the ad, though: it erroneously shows that this will have a release date of May 23rd. But BCI has let us know that the date in that ad was a bit premature. They found they had so many extras to pack into the set that they had to push it back a couple of weeks in order to get everything done and keep everything in this release that they wanted to do! So they've moved the release date to June 6th
instead. We're sure you guys won't mind just a couple of weeks for some extra goodness, will you? Of course not.
Below you'll find a look at the ad itself. Just remember, the date in the ad is not correct; He-Man and the Masters of the Universe - Season 2, Volume 1
ships on June 6th
. Stay tuned for further updates.