Fox has announced the 2007 release slate for R.L. Stine's Goosebumps
, just in time for Halloween! In fact, the street date is Sept. 11th, and as always the discs are $9.98 each (CA$11.98 in Canada) for 45 minutes of spooky fun for kids. Here's the rundown of this year's titles, and a look at the cover art (may not be final) is at the bottom. Our thanks to reader Joe Palmieri for reminding us that we hadn't posted about these yet, and our thanks also to the friends in the industry who sent us over the virtual sales sheet from Fox that had all the details, plus the early art:
Night of The Living Dummy (will also include Bride of The Living Dummy )
It Came From Beneath The Sink (will also include Strained Peas)
- Night of The Living Dummy II: Amy Kramer's ventriloquist dummy, Dennis, keeps losing his head, literally, and Amy has been pestering her Dad for weeks to get her a new one. Little does she know, that when he does, she'll regret it deeply. Amy's Dad brings home a new dummy called Slappy, and on the first night after his arrival, a series of strange pranks begin to happen, that everyone in the family seems to deny playing. However, Amy begins to realize the truth, though no one will believe her, and it may soon be too late...
- Bride of The Living Dummy: Katie, Harrison, Jillian, and Katie's annoying doll Mary-Ellen were seeing a show put on by the famous ventriloquist Jimmie O' James, who was using his dummy, Slappy. However, as most would know, Slappy is no normal dummy. He's alive. And, while at the show, it would seem that he fell in love with Katie's doll. When Jillian searched for her sister after she forgot Mary-Ellen, she met Jimmie O' James, and Jimmie gave her an autographed photo and she gave him her address. However, Jimmie used the address to send Slappy to Jillian. And now strange things are happening around the house. Scary things. Evil things. And Jillian and Katie get the hint when Slappy steals their Mom's wedding ring.
Say Cheese and Die (will also include Say Cheese and Die…Again)
- It Came From Beneath The Sink: Katrina "Kat" Merton and her brother, Daniel, are just moving into a new house, and all looks like it's going to go well for their family, as they have not had to move far away from their district at all. However, that luck is about to change, when Kat finds a strange sponge under the kitchen sink, a sponge that has eyes and fangs, and bad, unlucky things happen whenever it's around. Their mother's prized china dishes break, Daniel's foot is cut on a piece of glass, Kat falls off of her bike, their garden begins to wilt, and things are only getting worse. However, when Kat, Daniel, and Daniel's friend Carlos get rid of the sponge, they learn from research that whoever finds the sponge and gets rid of it, will die...
- Strained Peas: Nicholas is at first optimistic about getting a baby sister, but his friend tells him all the cons. When his parents arrive, he meets his sister Grace. Grace, though, is no normal baby. She makes a block message that says "Only me." And she pukes on Nicholas when he goes to comfort her when she is crying in the night. Nicholas can take a hint when she eats his pet. Nicholas knows that Grace wants to be an only child. And she'll do anything to get rid of him. So when their parents leave Nicholas home alone to babysit Grace, Grace does some real bad things. Scary things. Evil things. Things that COULD make her an only child.
- Say Cheese and Die: Greg Banks, and his friends, Doug [Bird], and Shari, decide to sneak into the old Coffman house, just for thrills, since they know that it's forbidden. While exploring the dank, dark house, Greg stumbles onto a hidden cabinet, with a rather large and odd camera inside, and he decides to take a picture. For the picture, Bird will stand on the stairs, juggling two balls that he has found in the house, but when Greg takes the picture, it doesn't show Bird juggling, but instead shows him falling through the railing of the stairs! And when the trio is found by the neighborhood eccentric, nicknamed "Spidey," that's exactly what happens to Bird, and as Greg soon begins to realize, this camera takes pictures of the future, makes it bad, and causes the events to happen...
- Say Cheese and Die...Again: Sourball. That's what Greg calls his English teacher, Mr. Saur. He's a real grouch. And now he just gave Greg a big fat "F" on his oral report. He didn't believe Greg's story. About the camera Greg found last summer. About the pictures it took. About the evil things that happened. Poor Greg. He just wanted to prove old Sourball wrong. But now that he's dug up the camera, bad things are happening. Really bad things. Just like the first time.