Back in August of 2004, Sony released Godzilla: The Series - Monster Wars Trilogy
, the first DVD volume of the 1998 animated show that aired on the Fox Kids Saturday morning block. Now Sony is going to re-promote that item on March 28th
, in time to tie it in with the DVD release of Peter Jackson's King Kong
remake. But the studio is also releasing two more DVD volumes for this cartoon!
Godzilla: The Series - Monster Mayhem
- "What Dreams May Come" - A powerful gigantic monster possessing the ability to discharge crackling bolts of destructive electrical energy suddenly appears in the middle of New York City and begins wreaking havoc..
- "Bird of Paradise" - Mexico is under siege from a mutated beast that resembles a gigantic winged lizard, which is named Quetzalcoatl after the mythological Aztec deity whom it also resembles .
- "DeadLoch" - H.E.A.T. journeys to Loch Ness in Scotland, in order to search for (what else?) Nessie, the famed Loch Ness Monster herself.
Godzilla: The Series - Mutant Madness
- "S.C.A.L.E." - H.E.A.T. and Godzilla are busy combating the world's newest mutation menace, a gigantic mutant mosquito with the ability to adopt the natural weapons of any foe whose blood it drinks.
- "The Twister" - H.E.A.T. tackles a gigantic mutant shrew-like creature, which has somehow merged itself with an artificially generated, experimental tornado, enabling it to transform itself into a living vortex at will (Elsie wittily dubs the whirling beast 'The Shrewster').
- "Where is Thy Sting" - Both H.E.A.T. and Major Hicks learn that an old comrade of the Major named Colonel Charles Thompson has been overseeing black ops military funded scientific experiments designed to create enormous, genetically altered scorpions for use as bio-weapons, in a multi-level program referred to as the First Wave.
Both arrive on March 28th at a $9.95 SRP each. Here is early cover art for both, subject to change: