Phillip Fry is a 25-year-old pizza delivery boy whose life is going nowhere. When he accidentally freezes himself on December 31, 1999, he wakes up 1,000 years in the future and has a chance to make a fresh start. He goes to work for the Planet Express Corporation, a futuristic delivery service that transports packages to all five quadrants of the universe. His companions include the delivery ship's captain, Leela, a beautiful one-eyed female alien who kicks some serious butt, and Bender, a robot with very human flaws.
In the past month or so we've reported to you
that Futurama - Volume 7
is coming to DVD and Blu-ray Disc, and we've shown you the package art for both versions (seen again below). The original street date we gave you, December 18th, came from Amazon.ca pre-order listings
, but since then that date has been removed from those entries. Now Fox Home Entertainment is formally announcing the title for both formats, and giving a new street date that's actually a week earlier, on December 11th
! The studio's also provided us with a list of extras you'll find on these releases:
- Full-length Commentary on All 13 Episodes
- Bonus Commentary on Episode 7.02, "A Farewell To Arms," by the Animators of Rough Draft Studios
- Alternate Ending for Episode 7.05, "Zapp Dingbat"
- Christopher Tyng's Big Score: A Jam Session with Futurama's Innovative Composer
- Futurama Karaoke: Sing Along with Your Favorite Characters
- Möbius Trip: Infinite Futurama Screen Loops
- Too Good For TV: A Smorgasbord of Deleted Scenes
So far Amazon.com only has a pre-order listing for the Blu-ray edition, but we expect a DVD entry to be added soon. In the meantime, here's the button link to buy the BD set, and a look (again) at packaging for both: