The landmark TV drama continues with a whole new generation, as JR's (Larry Hagman) and Sue Ellen's (Linda Gray) son, John Ross (Josh Henderson), locks horns with Bobby's (Patrick Duffy) adopted son Christopher (Jesse Metcalfe)...proving that in Texas, oil is still thicker than blood. Both families want control of the coveted Southfork family estate. With JR's cunning guidance, John Ross is determined to drill it, while Christopher - backed by Bobby - searches for alternative fuels, and plans to donate Southfork to a conservatory. It's a battle without limits, whether it means stealing another man's money, loyalty, girlfriend or wife...leaving just one question: Whose side are you on?
TNT's 2012 dramatic re-launch/continuation of the Ewing family's story comes to DVD on January 8th
with Dallas - The Complete 1st Season
. Yes, this starts the season-set count all over again from the beginning with a new show, and new cast members...but the same ol' J.R. and Bobby! Sue Ellen is back, too, but Bobby's got a new lady he's looking toward: Ann, played by Jesse Metcalfe's former Desperate Housewives
cast-mate, Brenda Strong.
Other familiar faces in the new show include regular cast members like Jordana Brewster (The Fast and the Furious
film franchise, As The World Turns
) and Mitch Pileggi (The X-Files, Sons of Anarchy
). Plus recurring guests in the form of veteran Dallas
cast members Charlene Tilton ("Lucy Ewing"), Steve Kanaly ("Ray Krebbs"), and Ken Kercheval ("Cliff Barnes")!
The 3-DVD set with the first 10 episodes will cost $39.98 SRP, and includes a nice list of extras outlined immediately below. Amazon isn't taking pre-orders just yet, but they do have a listing for the title which you can find at the button link further down; just check back with that link to see when the purchasing goes "live" (it should be fairly soon!). Under that is the package art - front and rear - for this title:
- Southfork Legacy: Making Dallas Season 1 - Cast and creators discuss bringing the new Dallas back to TV.
- Oil and Water: A Family Tradition - The drama continues with the new cast joining the original cast to discuss enduring appeal of the Ewings.
- Back in Production - Go behind the scenes of the first day on set with the two JRs: Josh Henderson and Larry Hagman.
- Dressing Dallas - Costume designer Rachel Sage Kunin reveals the new wardrobe for Dallas.
- Who Shot JR? - Larry Hagman and other cast members reminisce about one of the most memorable storylines from the original Dallas.
- Ewing Family Love Oak - Brenda Strong takes us behind the scenes to learn about the Love Oak and what it means to the new Dallas.
- Pilot Commentary - Audio Commentary with Executive Producer & Writer Cynthia Cidre and Executive Producer & Director Michael Robin.
- Deleted Scenes