[Watch the Online Trailer]
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEWARNER HOME VIDEO PRESENTS
PEANUTS 1960s COLLECTION
A TREASURY OF ALL SIX POPULAR TELEVISION SPECIALS
TOGETHER ON DVD FOR THE FIRST TIME
JULY 7, 2009
Collection Includes Two Classic New-to-DVD
Plus All-New Enhanced Content
BURBANK, CA (March 10, 2009) - Snoopy will keep the dog days of summer cool and breezy this July with a six pack of the delightful Peanuts
television specials from the 1960's, which will be released by Warner Home Video (WHV) on July 7, 2009. The Peanuts 1960s Collection
set showcases all six heartwarming TV specials in a two-disc set, as well as all-new enhanced content. Peanuts 1960s Collection
will retail for $29.98 SRP.
Peanuts 1960s Collection
is comprised of the first six animated Peanuts
television specials that aired between 1965 and 1969, several of which earned either Emmy® Award nominations or wins. This is the first time all six specials are available to consumers in one set. Two of the specials, He's Your Dog, Charlie Brown
and It Was a Short Summer, Charlie Brown
make their DVD debut. All six specials have been re-mastered for beautiful picture and sound quality.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) - In this Emmy® and Peabody Award winning classic, Charlie Brown is upset by how commercial the Christmas holiday has become. To coax him out of his holiday blues, Lucy suggests he direct the school's Christmas pageant and decorate a glorious tree. Charlie Brown concedes. The tree he finds however, is puny, prompting everyone to ridicule him.
- Charlie Brown's All-Stars (1966) - Nominated for two Prime Time Emmys®, in this delightful special, Charlie Brown is faced with a difficult moral dilemma; should he accept brand new uniforms and give the rest of the gang a chance to be part of an official little league baseball team even if it means that due to policy, Snoopy, Lucy, Patty, Violet and Frieda must be kicked off?
- It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966) - This Emmy® Award-nominated special, finds the Peanuts gang outfitted in costumes, ready for trick or treating and crashing Violet's Halloween party. Charlie Brown is in a ghost costume (with more eyeholes cut out than needed), Lucy dressed as a witch and Snoopy in a World War I flying ace costume. Linus decides to steadfastly hold vigil in the pumpkin patch as he awaits the Great Pumpkin.
- You're in Love, Charlie Brown (1967) - This Emmy® Award-nominated special finds Charlie Brown trying to work up the courage to meet his school-girl crush, the little red-haired girl. He enlists the help of his pals Linus and Peppermint Patty but they only aggravate the situation.
- He's Your Dog, Charlie Brown (1968) - This Emmy® Award-nominated special finds Snoopy returning to the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm for a refresher course in obedience training after his mischievous behavior lands Charlie Brown in trouble. On his way to the puppy farm however, Snoopy finds refuge in Peppermint Patty's house, that's until Charlie Brown gets a call from the puppy farm telling him Snoopy never showed up.
- It was a Short Summer, Charlie Brown (1969) - At summer camp, the Peanuts gang put up with poor food and the girls winning all the sports competitions. To get even, the boys challenge them into a wrist-wresting contest between Lucy and "The Masked Marvel" - aka Snoopy in disguise.
DVD Special Features Include:
- "The Maestro of Menlo Park - Profiling Composer Vince Guaraldi" - This short documentary film provides a glimpse into jazz musician Vince Guaraldi's life, and how his music was so much more than just the theme to Peanuts.
"The 1960s is where it all began for the Peanuts
TV specials, setting up an enduring franchise that has grown to include 41 TV specials, spanning 5 decades. Each special, beautifully crafted by Charles Schulz, is unique and exceptional in its own right, and deserves to be seen and enjoyed," said Amit Desai, WHV Vice President, Family, Animation and Sports Marketing. He added, "Consumers won't want to miss this extraordinary collection. It's loaded with delightfully animated, humorous and touching stories that are just as fresh and relevant today as they were 40 years ago."
About United Media
Peanuts is licensed and syndicated by United Media. United Media is a worldwide licensing and syndication company that focuses on building brand equity around a wide range of creative content. United Media licenses and/or syndicates other properties, including HISTORY, the award winning cable network and its popular Ice Road Trucker series, Hallmark's hoops&yoyo, Rainbow Brite, and Maxine, Dirty Dancing, Televisa's El Chavo, Deadliest Catch, Raggedy Ann & Andy, Dilbert, and Fancy Nancy. United Media is an E. W. Scripps Company. For more information, visit www.unitedmedialicensing.com.
About Warner Home Video
With operations in 90 international territories Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video's film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Video and New Line Home Entertainment.