FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASETHIS MARCH, TIME LIFE INVITES YOU TO SPEND
SOME MORE TIME WITH ONE OF THE GOLDEN AGE
OF TELEVISION'S LANDMARK TV SERIES
THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW:
THIS TIME TOGETHER
A 6-Disc Follow-Up to the Critically-Acclaimed,
Best-Selling CAROL'S FAVORITES, This Incomparable
Collection Makes its Retail Debut with 17 Complete
Episodes from the 25-Time Emmy Winning Show, Guest
Stars Such as Dick Van Dyke, Sammy Davis Jr, Lily
Tomlin and Many More, and More Than Two Hours of
Incredible Bonus Features! IN STORES MARCH 26!
FAIRFAX, VA, January 8, 2013 - This March, Time Life - the home of classic TV, including GET SMART, THE DEAN MARTIN VARIETY SHOW, THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN
and THE SMOTHERS BROTHERS COMEDY HOUR
- will release a 6-disc collection of THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
previously unavailable at retail. Following the highly successful fall 2012 launch of the sketch comedy series which has sold over three million DVDs to date, Time Life debuts THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: THIS TIME TOGETHER
from the beloved, landmark show, one of the most honored in television history. It will be available at retail nationwide on March 26 for $59.95.
"It's truly thrilling to see the response from viewers both old and new, more than 45 years after the show debuted," said Burnett. "We hope viewers will enjoy these new DVD releases as much as we enjoyed doing the program itself."
Featuring 17 complete and unedited episodes handpicked by Burnett herself, the newly-packaged set includes over two hours of exclusive bonus features such as the "This Time Together: a cast reunion" featuring Carol, Vicki Lawrence, Tim Conway and Lyle Waggoner, guest appearances from A-listers like Dick Van Dyke, Sammy Davis Jr., Lily Tomlin, Hal Linden, Steve Lawrence, Peggy Lee, Bernadette Peters, The Pointer Sisters, Jerry Stiller and Anne Meara and much more!
Showcasing some of the most memorable and hilarious moments from CBS-TV's star-studded series, THIS TIME TOGETHER
contains many of the classic sketches and characters that will forever be a part of "The Golden Age of Television," including:
- Unforgettable sketches such as "The Family," "Mr. Tudball & Mrs. Wiggins," "The Oldest Man," "The Charwoman," "The Ham Actor" and "As The Stomach Turns."
- Side-splitting parodies and favorite segments including "TV Commercials," "No Frills Airline," "The Recital," and "Airline Security," as well as the audience-favorite Esther Williams spoof.
- A very special combination of Carol's trademark Tarzan yell and hip dislocation at the same time
- A rare show filmed outside of her regular studio, taking Carol and the team to the Sydney Opera House in Australia with special appearances by members of the Australian Ballet and the Sydney Symphony Orchestra.
- Plus, over two hours of exclusive bonus programming including the cast reunion, new interviews with Burnett, Conway and Vicki and Steve Lawrence and the featurettes "Gags and Gowns: A Tribute to Designer Bob Mackie," "Bring up the Lights: Carol's Q&A's" and "Focus on the Family."
In September 2012, Time Life initially debuted four different configurations of THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
, including the widely acclaimed 22-disc ULTIMATE COLLECTION
which featured 50 episodes, more than 20 hours of never-before-seen bonus material and a 20-page memory book, as well as the 6-disc, 18-episode CAROL'S FAVORITES
, and a single disc and 2-disc versions of THE BEST OF THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
debuted on CBS in 1967 and ran for 11 years, receiving 25 Emmy Awards and five Golden Globes. TIME
Magazine named THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
one of the "100 Best Television Shows of all Time" and Carol Burnett has been honored with more People's Choice Awards than any other actress.