FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TIME LIFE ANNOUNCES THE LONG-AWAITED RETAIL DVD RELEASE OF
THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
THIS MUCH-BELOVED 25-TIME EMMY AWARD WINNING SHOW
WILL BE RELEASED IN MULTIPLE CONFIGURATIONS, WITH
ALL EPISODES PERSONALLY SELECTED BY CAROL BURNETT
AVAILABLE ON DVD SEPTEMBER 25
CAROL BURNETT JOINS CO-STARS TIM CONWAY, VICKI LAWRENCE AND LYLE WAGGONER IN
NEW INTERVIEWS AND TEN HOURS OF NEVER-SEEN-BEFORE EXCLUSIVE BONUS FEATURES
FAIRFAX, VA; April 19, 2012 -- Time Life - the home of classic TV, including GET SMART, THE DEAN MARTIN VARIETY SHOW, THE SIX MILLION DOLLAR MAN
and THE SMOTHERS BROTHERS COMEDY HOUR
- will release on DVD one of the most beloved and acclaimed series in the history of television: THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
. The series, considered by many to be the greatest comedy-variety show ever produced, will be made available in several DVD configurations beginning September 25th, featuring episodes hand-selected by Carol Burnett. Time Life's release of THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
marks the first time the show has been available in retail stores. "It will be wonderful to see DVD's of my show in stores..." said Burnett.
Time Life's initial release of THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
will come in four different configurations:
- THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW - CAROL'S FAVORITES: A 6-DVD set boasting 18 complete, unedited episodes featuring the most popular and hilarious sketches and characters from the long-running series. Included: Starlet O'Hara in "Went with the Wind," The Family, Tudball & Wiggins, The Oldest Man and additional movie parodies. Also featured in this jam-packed set are guest appearances by Carl Reiner, Steve Martin, Betty White, George Carlin, Shirley MacLaine, The Jackson 5, and many more.
- THE BEST OF THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: 2-DVD set with 6 all-time classic episodes chosen by Carol Burnett.
- THE BEST OF THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW: Single-DVD with "Went with the Wind," classic sketches of The Family, Tudball & Wiggins, and others.
- For the ultimate collector-the long-awaited 20-DVD boxed set THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW ULTIMATE COLLECTION. This incredible package contains 50 episodes and more than ten hours of new, never-before-seen bonus features. The unprecedented collection comes in a creatively-designed collector's box.
All configurations will feature detailed and generous bonus features, specially produced for this historic release, including:
THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
- A laugh-filled roundtable discussion with Carol Burnett, Tim Conway, Vicki Lawrence and Lyle Waggoner, reminiscing about 11 years of fun and entertainment they created.
- A personal tribute from the cast honoring the much-beloved fellow cast member Harvey Korman.
- Multiple featurettes on the history of the show, the genesis of key characters and sketches, Carol's fans, and the influence Carol and the show have had on several generations of comedians and television hosts.
- New and exclusive interviews with fellow entertainers and guests on the show, including Carl Reiner, Ken Berry, Betty White, Florence Henderson and others.
debuted on CBS in 1967 and ran for 11 years, receiving 25 Emmy Awards and five Golden Globes, making it one of the most honored shows in television history. TIME Magazine
named THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW
one of the "100 Best Television Shows of all Time" and Carol Burnett has been honored with more People's Choice Awards than any other actress.
Carol Burnett, Tim Conway and Vicki Lawrence will make several national TV appearances to celebrate the DVD release of THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW