The BBC and Warner Home Video have announced this morning that Allo 'Allo! - The Complete Series 9
is coming to DVD on a 2-disc set this fall, and along with it they're releasing Allo 'Allo! - The Complete Collection
as well. Both arrive on October 7th
; pricing is $29.98 SRP for the smaller set, and $249.92 SRP for the big box.
The 9th Series (season) is 180 minutes of classic hilarity, presented in Full Screen video and English - Mono audio, with English subtitles. Here is the detailed studio description of this release and its episodes, followed by the box art for that final year. The packaging isn't available yet for The Complete Collection
, but is said to be a collectible gift set holding 19 discs.
Meet René, the most wanted man in Occupied France. Women want his body. The Resistance want his brain. And the Nazis want his sausage! In a small café in Nouvion, the harassed proprietor is having a trying war. With the German army in residence in the bar, René is risking his neck to aid the Resistance by hiding two British airmen and a radio transmitter upstairs in his mother-in-laws bedroom. He is also involved in hiding the priceless painting of the Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies in a large sausage which even now is being sniffed out by the Gestapo. But Rene's real problem is his wife, Edith, and what she will do to him when she finds out about the affairs he is having with his two sexy waitresses.
- As the war draws to an end, Gruber and von Strohm return from Spain, their escape attempt having failed. René agrees to hide the painting, still missing a boobie, and suggests the Germans fake their own kidnapping by hiding in the windmill, which von Klinkerhoffen has earmarked for target practice. Meanwhile, a heavily bandaged Flick tells Helga he has had plastic surgery to avoid capture by the Allies.
- Captured by the Communists, René is looking for a way to escape. Meanwhile, everyone else assumes he has been killed in the windmill explosion. Flick and von Smallhausen are attempting to trick Edith by pretending to be British.
- Renés backside is full of buckshot after being mistaken for an elk while escaping from the Communists. He now must lay low or face being re-captured, but in the end decides the safest plan is to turn himself in to the Germans, faking amnesia from the explosion.
- Michelle tries to send important microfilm to England via homing pigeon. When that fails, she decides on using a motorised float in the annual Nouvion Fishmongers Parade. Flick and Von Smallhousen pose as waitresses to search for the painting.
- It is the day of the annual Nouvion Fishmongers Parade, but von Klinkerhoffen, Gruber and the Colonel are heading to Berlin on a most special mission: to assassinate Hitler with an exploding picture frame.
- The Allies have landed, and the Germans are in trouble. While a disguised Gruber and von Strohm attempt to mingle with the villagers, Flick and von Smallhausen try to reach the ocean in a mini-submarine via a secret tunnel under the town...
- Nouvion, present day. A Mercedes pulls into the square where there is a statue of René, the war hero. Old chauffeur von Strohm opens the door for the rich owners Helga and Gruber (now an international art dealer). Inside the cafe is René's young adopted son. René is being assisted to the toilet by Yvette. Upstairs, an older Mimi attends to the bedridden Edith. René is explaining that he never found the painting, when an accident suddenly reveals its hiding place.The painting is now worth millions, but will everyone get their share?